Job Sharing involves two or more people sharing the same full-time job...
Job Sharing involves two or more people sharing the same full-time job. The salary and annual leave is also shared based on the number of hours worked and each person holds a permanent part-time position. The benefits of job sharing to parents are:
- Access to managerial jobs
- Hours can be arranged to fit in with child care commitments.
- Retains promotion prospects.
The benefits to employers are:
- Double the energy and brain power
- Less need for support and supervision of the job sharers.
- It offers the possibility of coverage if one person leaves.
June 26, 2007