Level II Equality and Diversity Certificate
Level II Equality and Diversity Certificate - (3 full days over 3 weeks)
11/18/25 May 2017 (other dates available)
• Do you want to fully understand Equality and Diversity how it applies to society, in the workplace and in the community?
• Gain a more detailed understanding about Equality Law and how you can create more inclusive learning and service delivery.
• Achieve an recognised Certificate in Equality and Diversity
Time: 9:30am – 4:30pm
Certificate is completion of all 3 Units.
• introduce the concepts of equality and diversity in a variety of environments including society, the community and the workplace
• highlight how stereotyping and labelling affect individuals
• outline the effects of prejudice and discrimination
• allow the learner to examine rights and responsibilities
• stress the importance of taking individual responsibility and action to help and support others
• provide a basis for further study and/or career development.
Workshop 1 Mandatory
Equality and Diversity in Society Award and Certificate
• Explain the term equality
• Explain the term diversity
• Examine the effects of stereotyping and labelling
• Examine the effects of prejudice and discrimination
• Outline the ways in which people might choose to describe themselves
Workshop 2 Mandatory
Equality and Diversity in the Workplace Certificate only
• Examine the extent of diversity in a community
• Examine the value of creating and maintaining a diverse environment
• Explain the potentially inequality which can occur
• Outline the support services and groups which ensure equality and diversity are maintained.
Workshop 3 Mandatory
Equality and Diversity in the Community Certificate only
• Define what E&D means to organisations in relation to various issues
• Explain the benefits of E&D to organisations
• Examine the policies and procedures in place to support organisations in meeting E&D and their importance
• Identify and explain the consequences for not having an equal and diverse organisational culture
• Recognise and evaluate the legislation in place to support E&D in the workplace
|Contact||Equality North East|